If you think you don’t need an accessory just because you’re a guy, then you’re clearly thinking wrong. You cannot possibly be thinking that just because you’re an adult male being you can get away with playing around with some things to spice up your usual outfit.
Oh don’t give me that look! I am not talking about all the fancy-shmancy glitzy bling that Kanye West or Justin Beiber wears. Heck, I am not even talking about the pseudo-classy guy accessories that Nick Cannon wears on his shows. Don’t expect to get a girlfriend by wearing accessories though. If you would like a surefire way how, then you should read how to get a girlfriend (a guide from SIBG.com).
I’m talking about the accessories that every average, single guy should wear to add to his level of attractiveness – especially if you are dating Miss Popular – and I’m talking about accessories that he can totally sport no matter what age he is (as long as he is single):
- Sunglasses – you may not have to be concealed from the paparazzi but you can always find a good reason to wear them cool sunnies. Sunglasses, the darker they are, create an aura of mystery to anyone who wears them. When buying shades, always consider three things: the shape, the size, and the UV protection. It is very important to wear the type of glasses that would complement the shape of your face. It can actually make or break your look. For example, if you have a round face, round sunnies like aviators may not be the best choice for you but you can go for the square-ish ones like wayfarers. It is also important to wear the right size of shades – bigger faces may require bigger shades lest you’ll risk making your face ‘too big’ for your shades. Always go for proportions. And lastly, make sure your sunglasses come with the right UV protection – that’s what they are for after all. (PS: no matter how ‘cool’ the stars make it seem like, wearing sunnies at night is just meh).
- Watch – a good watch will not only keep your time in track; it will also improve the look of your entire outfit. It is good to own three types of watches to match different looks and occasions. Ideally, a man should have a go-to leather watch for those formals and semi-formals, a sporty watch for swimming and other outdoor sports, and lastly, a metal one for any-day wear. Keep your watches in tiptop shape by replacing the batteries regularly and making sure the bracelets are away from moisture and heat.
- Wallet – a classy guy will not keep his loose change, cash and cards in his pockets. Other than this is very inconvenient, it can easily ruin any outfit. Just imagine walking around in your fancy new trousers with your coins dangling making every head turn – in a very ugly way. Always keep a good, light and slim wallet that you can easily slip in your pockets. Make sure they have enough compartments for your cards and cash, and maybe a small pocket for your change.
- Ties – every guy must have some go-to ties for every occasion. Classy choices for ties include those dark, block hues that would easily blend in with a lighter shirt and coat, but there should also be brighter days with brighter hues on ties. Also have some ties with classy prints but avoid the tacky ones. Keep your love for Superman in your boxers; tacky prints can ruin an entire outfit. Make sure your tie of choice compliments the color of your shirt – it should not stand nor drown out but be the perfect match.
- Clutch bag – what does a man need when he goes out anyway? Some cash, his cards, his license, a Swiss knife? Oh some breath mints would not hurt too. When buying a clutch bag, go for leather or patent leather and avoid printed ones or ones made of cloth or cloth-like fiber. Plastic looks too tacky either. When buying a leather clutch bag, make sure it matches the rest of the leather items in your outfit. Buy the right size too; it would be too difficult to clutch something that’s too tiny for your muscular arms.
Accessorizing for men is necessary, not only because you want to please someone but because it makes you feel better about yourself. So, let go of your qualms and get your first accessory!