Hey! Happy anniversary champion! Whether it’s your 1st or your 51st, your anniversaries are an indication that you’ve lasted long enough together for a milestone! Congratulate yourself – it means you’ve been strong enough to stick and stay.
But of course, what better way to commemorate this eventful moment in your relationship than a sweet little date and a gift that she will eternally remember? Oh, that and will eternally remind her of your sweetness, creativity, and undying love for her.
Here are some ideas for anniversary gifts that range from classy to quirky to sexy to touching and everything in between:
- A photo collage or mosaic. No honey, unfortunately for you Lazy Bum, I was not talking about Instagram collages and all the magic stuff that your smart phones can do. I’m talking about a collage that you’ve worked on yourself – a photo testimony of all the things you’ve been through together, of all your sweet and happy memories and a sweet little message. Or if you have the big bucks, bring in the big guns and commission someone to make a grand photo mosaic! Have it framed and voila! A scrapbook would also be a good alternative to this. Can’t do it yourself? Pay someone to do it, or bribe your little sister.
- A cruise. Ahh yes. Do it a la Jack and Rose sans the Iceberg. Give her a kind of love as deep as the deepest ocean. Go on a cross across the country, or go all the way with a foreign cruise. You don’t have to do much except enjoy – the expensive cruise ship and all its amazing amenities will do the job for you. A good alternative? A romantic cross country drive or sailing in a yacht.
- Jewelry. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Nothing has since changed that. This is classy and very, very safe. Careful about this though; unless you are planning on proposing to her, stick with a full set or some pearl earrings and avoid the ring if you do not want to be misunderstood.
- A date at a very memorable or iconic location. It could be your city’s landmark, the Eiffel tower if you can afford it, or the place where you first met. Set up the sweetest date and be in cahoots with the people in the area (or your friends if that is not possible) to help you out. You could hire some musicians, fill the area with flowers and go extremely sweet. Impossible to achieve? Relive the moment by transforming your room into one of your location of choice!
- A video message. This is especially special for emotional girlfriends. With your smartphone, some video editing software and a lot of love, you can make your woman gush with emotions on your anniversary. Record a video that chronicles the last N years of your relationship, a short message or a poem for her (a song would do too!) and some messages from your common friends and families – wrap it up with you own promise for her in the coming years of your relationship and voila! Cannot afford a full video? Get your hands dirty and make your own stick man story book that tells your love story. Make sure you end it with ‘and they lived happily ever after’ – girls dig that!
If you need more ideas, here are 7 ways to wow your partner on your anniversary.
In anything – especially relationships, quality should always beat quantity. So never mind if it is not the most expensive gift in the world; as long as you touched her heart and renewed your promise of love for her on your anniversary, you’ve given her the most precious gift. Happy anniversary!
To get more tips on dating, go here.